Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Demon Troll Witch Doctor?!



Did this quick demon troll witch doctor (they are real now) just for some lighting practice and what not. Pretty fun. I love digital painting!

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, check out the new trailer for Guillermo Del Toro's "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark". He's such an inspiration to me, as well as many many other people, I really wish to be able to work with him someday.

I'd like to be able to develop this troll a lot further than what you see here. Hopefully a full body rendering will be in the near future :).

5 comments:

  1. Well, I do like his expression and the loosness around him. That dangling accessories, I believe, how give it credibility too. Keep painting, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome....Del Toro would be proud as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, in the thumbnail in my notifications i thought this was the body of a woman reaching up out of some mecha thing with her hair flowing out to the left...
    This is also very very cool. I love how you're using crosshatching/molding lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool... is that little thing between his horns glowing? Like a troll angler fish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!

    Bethany - lol, that sounds interesting. I should do that now anyways. And it's a custom brush!

    Josh - Yes.

    ReplyDelete