Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's been so hot...



Just to show you guys I haven't been sitting around twiddling my thumbs, here's what I started today. I'm redoing a Hellboy comic cover in my own style (inspired by an assignment from school). This is obviously a very small excerpt from the cover, I just wanted to show something since I haven't posted in a while.

Just drawing these 2 (out of 5) demons has been so much fun already. The original Hellboy work is obviously by the creator and illustrator Mike Mignola - a great artist. Our styles are extremely different, and this is what's making it so fun. I'll probly save the Hellboy drawing for last, slap all the tissues together in Photoshop then start painting away!

And for all of you who are in or around the Detroit area, I hope you are staying away from the heat. Those of you who don't know, we've been suffering from a MASSIVE HEAT WAVE!!!

Stay cool everybody. Literally and figuratively.

2 comments:

  1. Try and stay away from the heat. You have always been cool, but what is cooler than cool?! "Ice Cold" Fya Dawgie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yota_slayer@hotmail.comJuly 8, 2011 at 6:22 AM

    ok, voy a traer mas competencia, but sure you like that..

    http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/484/recreate-hellboy-cover-contest

    ReplyDelete